Element3 is a non-denominational church with a board governance. If you love church polity, contact our Lead Pastor Scott Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our Wise Council (email@example.com) who can discuss any questions you may have regarding E3’s governance.
In contemporary theological lingo, E3 is a “centered-set church”. Jesus is the center of all we do and all have access to Him no matter any label. Through this orientation, E3 has 6 essentials that define our core beliefs. We truly have freedom in the non-essentials…which means that we have a variety of beliefs that still revolve around the essential 6 beliefs. Differences in divisive issues grow us all, while we give charity and love to every person who comes into contact with our church. We place Jesus in the center of all things and do not exclude anyone from attending or belonging in our church. We hope that all who come find transformation in Jesus at the center of all we do.
- THE BIBLE: We believe the Bible, composed of the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is wholly inspired by God, without error in revealing God’s truth through the use of narrative, poetry, and teaching, and the final authority on all matters.
- GOD: We believe in one God, who is the creator and sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternal, existing as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- JESUS CHRIST: We believe that we are totally reliant on God’s free gift of His Son, Jesus Christ, as the only path to a restored relationship with Him and look forward to Christ’s coming return in fulfillment of the Bible’s teachings.
- HOLY SPIRIT: We believe the Holy Spirit fills true followers of Christ, revealing to us the actions, habits, and patterns in our lives that are not pleasing to God, empowering us to live out God’s purpose for our lives, and giving spiritual gifts for the building of the Kingdom of God.
- PEOPLE: We believe all people have been designed to be in a relationship with God, but we have chosen to elevate our own desires above God’s perfect plan and have therefore eternally severed our relationship with God apart from the restoring work of Jesus Christ.
- CHURCH: We believe that E3 is only a small part of Christ’s global Church, which is comprised of all followers of Christ who unite in these essentials as key to their beliefs as well.
We exist to make disciples of Jesus. (this is the purpose of all we do!)
We will be an irresistible community of radically transformed disciples, dwelling at the intersection of deep faith, authentic community, and emerging culture. (this is what we hope to see us become in the future!)
Element3 is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). This group sets high standards for controls and audits regarding the use of funds for ministry.
Element3 is a member of the Capital Area Justice Ministry (CAJM). This interdenominational group works towards political action from the Church on non-partisan justice issues.
When the Holy Spirit is moving in, among, and through us WE…
… exemplify the diversity of God in one another.
… experience and display grace in all things.
… embrace a life of perpetual growth.
… embrace and live out a life of intentional design.
… choose to make room for others.
… live authentic lives, to ourselves and to others.
… maintain a posture of humility….we trust God to lead, provide for, and guide us, and we trust each other to bring their best to the community.