Who had the biggest influence on your musical tastes? Why?
This Sunday, we continued our series on The Book of Ephesians.
Begin by reading Ephesians 3:1-13. In this section, Paul contemplates God’s plan to draw all nations/peoples back into relationship with Himself (not just Israel).
What ideas or images stand out to you the most in this passage? Why?
What role does Paul see himself as playing in God’s inclusive mission? What insights does this provide into Paul’s understanding of how God works to achieve His purposes? NOTE: Consider Paul choosing words like “servant” or “slave” & “least of the Lord’s people.”
What role does the Church play in expanding this divine plan? In particular, how do you think the Church can make known the “mystery of Christ” & the wisdom of God revealed through Christ crucified & resurrected?
How does our ability to approach God freely & with confidence help us live into this calling in the world?
Reflect on your own life in this season.
Where do you need to remember that God is in the business of drawing all peoples back to Himself (not just the ones that we like or relate to)? Where does the divine wisdom revealed in such purposes challenge you the most in this season?
Where are you making God’s story & wisdom known by how you live in the world? Where do you need to further live into this calling?
How might the knowledge of God’s grace & presence with you help you grow in the areas that you’ve identified? How might this empower you to better live out Christ’s story individually & within your church community?
Getting Out of the Hole
Take time to reflect on the Sunday sermon & how this week’s section of Ephesians might speak into your daily life.
- Read Ephesians 3:1-13. Highlight & make note of key terms & images that stand out to you or speak to you in this season.
- Who do you currently struggle to imagine as being someone that God wants to include in His Kingdom? Why?
- Where, by chance is God currently calling you to witness to His Kingdom & redemptive story?
- Where are you currently helping your local church community make known Christ’s story through how you actively serve within it?
- Re-read Ephesians 3:1-13 & pray over your answers to the previous questions.
Journal, reflect, & pray on how God might be speaking to you through each week’s teaching. Share your experience with your growth group next week!
A Journey Through Ephesus by David Gwartney
The Bible for Everyone: Ephesians by NT Wright
Coming Up This Week:*
Saturday, July 9th: Join us next Sunday for week 6 of our series on The Book of Ephesians!
* Please see mye3.org for details.