- Provide operational and spiritual direction and oversight for the staff.
- Lead the Teaching Team in planning and preparing sermon series that effectively communicate God’s Word through thought-provoking teachings that connect faith with daily life.
- Deliver 50-75% of the weekly teachings.
- Serve as a member of the Wise Council.
- Equip the saints to discover and fulfill their calling within the body.
- Connect with believers and non-believers alike and build authentic relationships that reflect Jesus’s teachings and example.
- Shepherd the flock by providing non-judgmental and confidential, counseling, support, and encouragement.
- Set the pace for the church in speech, in life, in love, in faith, in authenticity, in humility, and in purity.
- Be an ambassador for Element3 Church in the community.
Character & Lifestyle:
- Prioritizes a life-giving and vibrant personal relationship with God
- Models the love of Jesus in all aspects of life, and demonstrates biblical, servant leadership to all people
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity consistently in conduct and in personal relationships
- Be a man or woman who meets all qualifications of Elder as laid out by scripture (1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9)
- Senses a calling from the Lord to this ministry
- Communicates with authenticity; easy to understand, and down-to-earth
Skills & Training:
- Experienced and gifted in leadership, preaching, disciple training, vision casting, and executive oversight
- Theological degree preferred, M.Div. or higher
- Previous experience in ministry is preferred, ideally in a Senior or Lead Pastor role.
- Able to work with the staff team to creatively and strategically design and implement initiatives and strategies that further fulfill the mission of the Element3 Church.
- Previous experience with online/virtual ministry preferred
- Committed to be led by God in all aspects and areas of life
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of Element3 Church
- Committed to small groups as a key strategy for church growth, discipleship,and way of life in Christ and community
- Committed to serving Element3 Church diligently with time, talent, and treasure, including tithing at least 10% of family income to God’s work through Element3 Church
- Committed to continued growth and maturation in personal faith journey
- Committed to be appropriately transparent with the many, and intimately transparent with a few.
- Committed to leading and equipping the staff in their growth as ministry leaders
- Committed to working with the Wise Council in the oversight and governance of the church
- Committed to be a Godly example of a spouse and parent (if applicable), and committed to strong and healthy familial relationships
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover Letter
Please include, in your resume or cover letter, instructions on how we can access samples of your teachings. Please title your documents as follows:
Example: DavidSmith_Resume; DavidSmith_CoverLetter
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, if you would like to be considered within the first wave of applicants, please have your documents as described above emailed by January 31, 2021.